Planning an indulgent time this Easter Bank Holiday Weekend? We've got the ultimate treat for you, with a special twist using our unique home-grown Chilli Vodka!
Chilli Vodka Cheesecake
200g Bourbon biscuits
500g cream cheese
100g double thick cream
100g icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon of chilli powder (optional)
60ml Arbikie Chilli Vodka
150g caster sugar
75g soft brown sugar
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
100g crème fraîche
1. Grease and line a 23cm loose-bottomed tin with baking parchment.
2. Put bourbon biscuits in a plastic food bag and crush to crumbs using a rolling pin. Transfer to bowl. Melt butter and then pour over crushed biscuits.
3. Mix thoroughly until the crumbs are completely coated. Tip them into the prepared tin and press firmly down into the base to create an even layer. Chill in the fridge for 1 hr to set firmly.
4. To make the filling, place the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract and chilli powder in a bowl, then beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
5. Tip in the double cream and continue beating until the mixture is completely combined.
6. Spoon filling onto the biscuit base, working from the edges inwards. Put back in the fridge.
7. Pour Arbikie Chilli Vodka in with the caster sugar and place over a medium-high heat until the sugar starts to darken in patches. Swirl the sugar around to mix the dark bits into the lighter ones without stirring.
8. Once the sugar has turned a very dark reddish brown add the butter and mix in.
9. Once butter has melted and mixed into sugar, add soft brown sugar, maple syrup and crème fraîche. Keep stirring until the caramel mixture has reached 100C.
10. Leave caramel sauce to cool for at least 45 minutes.
11. Pour chilli vodka caramel sauce on top of the cheesecake and garnish with a whole bird's eye chilli.
12. Leave your Chilli Vodka Cheesecake to set overnight!